|Software Solutions Developer / Programmer
|Section||Systems Development Section|
|Objective||To deliver software solutions, initiatives and innovations to enable and drive the Commission’s fulfilment of its objectives.
|Main Responsibilities||1. To significantly contribute to as well as facilitate client-focused systems development life cycles for effective in-house software solutions and frameworks.
2. To design, develop, deploy and upgrade required in-house software applications relating to the work processes of the Commission.
3. To research, evaluate and recommend software packages / utilities, technologies and other programming related tools to enhance the software development environment in particular and the work environment in general.
4. Trains end-users and relevant IS staff on proper usage, maintenance and management of implemented software solutions and systems.
5. Prepares comprehensive end-user and technical documentation for software solutions developed.
6. Assists with preparation of work plans and budgets for the Section.
7. Undertakes other related duties relative to effective and efficient functioning of the Section and Division.
|Working and reporting relationships||Reports directly to:
Senior Solutions Developer
Other working relationships (Internal):
Manager, Seniors and staff of the Information Systems Division
Managers, Seniors and staff across the Commission
|Job specifications||Qualifications and Experience / Knowledge:
Minimum of a Diploma up to a Degree (BSc) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Proven experience and knowledge in:
· Using Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
· Using MS SQL Server, MySQL
· VB.net, C# (Visual Studio), Java (NetBeans)
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
· Using SAP Crystal Reports and Microsoft RDLC
· Software development techniques (knowledge of MVC will be an asset)
· Knowledge of mobile application development will be an asset
Analytical and Logical Skills:
· Problem solving, planning and organizing skills
· The ability to research, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
· Ability to build rapport and understandings with end users.
· Good verbal communication skills with all levels of staff.
· Able to work well in team settings.
· Flexibility to adapt to changes.
· Determination to achieve objectives under pressure
· Committed to continuous learning and development.
· He/she must respect confidentiality and must be a person of the utmost integrity.