The Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission invites applications from innovative, results-oriented persons desirous of contributing to national development to fill the undermentioned position of-
Software Solutions Developer / Programmer
Main Responsibilities include:
- To design, develop, deploy and upgrade required in-house software applications relating to the work processes of the Commission.
- To research, evaluate and recommend software packages / utilities, technologies and other programming related tools to enhance the software development environment in particular and the work environment in general.
- Prepares comprehensive end-user and technical documentation for software solutions developed.
The Candidate should possess:
- Minimum of a Diploma and up to a Degree (BSc.) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field.
Proven experience and knowledge that includes:
- Using Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- net, C# (Visual Studio), Java (NetBeans)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Software development techniques (knowledge of MVC will be an asset)
- Knowledge of mobile application development will be an asset
Further details for this vacancy can be found on http://glsc.gov.gy/vacancies/
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and two written references should be sent no later than Friday, May 4, 2018 to: The Human Resource Manager, Human Resources and Administration Division, Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission, 22 Upper Hadfield Street, Durban Backlands, Georgetown or emailed to email@example.com