CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1801155
: 30/Oct/2018, 6:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLGUY/SLDM/PIU
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
The post will be located in Guyana at the FLGUY Office or the SLDM/PIU
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor
To provide transportation services for the benefit of the FLGUY Office and the SLDM project. The position requires provision of transportation services to various locations based on approved requests. The Drivers are to ensure the delivery of communication (correspondence) and provide transportation support to events.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the SLDM project’s vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, materials and equipment to designated locations for project activities
- Provide project staff with office transportation, collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items, as requested by supervisor.
- Provide transportation to field based locations as requested by the supervisor emergency transportation needs may arise.
- Ensure that project vehicles comply with licencing and traffic department regulations.
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery and brakes; ensure that supervisor is alerted with reports of issues of vehicles and deficiencies in timely manner when larger repairs are required.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing.
- Maintain a clean vehicle, vehicle supplies,.
- Schedule vehicle maintenance and repairs in a timely fashion in collaboration with the relevant staff of FAO and GLSC
- Follow all policies, rules and regulations in relation to the management of vehicles at FAO and GLSC.
- Perform preventative maintenance such as maintaining proper fuel, oil, water levels and pressures; attend to minor repair requirements and co-ordinates procurement of parts or supplies; verifies completion of major repairs and oversees major repair works to vehicles
- Maintain communication with the Administrative Assistant for transportation arrangements for the Project Implementation Unit.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Minimum Secondary School Certificate.
- Valid driver’s License (Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage).
- At least seven (7) years working experience as a Driver for a public or private agency
- Possess a basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of vehicles
- Safe driving records (with police clearance)
Previous experience working with UN agencies or government agencies an asset
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
- Proven experience in commuting to interior locations in Guyana