CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1801164
: 31/Oct/2018, 6:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLGUY/SLDM/PIU
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
The post will be located in Guyana at the GLSC – Project Implementation Unit for the SLDM Project
The Procurement Assistant reports to the Operations Officer and receives guidance from the Chief Technical Advisor of the SLDM project. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received supports the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work.
FAO is recruiting a Procurement Assistant (PA)), who will provide support to the Operations Officer for the implementation of all contracts/letters of agreement (LoAs), and procurement actions under the SLDM project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In association with the Operations Officer, develop and implement a project procurement plan and generate regular updates for the guidance of all Project Implementation Unit (PIU) staff.
- Work with the project team, GLSC and FAO to develop Memorandum of Agreement (MoA), Statement of Works (SoW), Contracts and other documents required for project implementation in cooperation with UN and the Procurement Act and other relevant procurement and financial procedures
- In association with the Operations Officer, implement the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which directs the responsibilities of GLSC and FAO in support of project implementation
- Establish methodologies and reporting template for the supervision, administration, monitoring and reporting of all contracts such as infrastructure work, goods and services and civil works procured by the Project
- Support the pre-qualification and short-listing of bidders, prepare bid documents, evaluation reports following UN and Government of Guyana rules
- Prepare issuance of bids, pre-bid conferences, and receipts and opening of bids, bid evaluations, submission of timely documents for recommendation of awards, undertake contracts negotiations, contract finalization and issuance.
- Monitor the delivery of contractual terms, certification of reports and payments, and issue of contract amendments, verification of services delivered against contractual requirements, alignment of specifications and standards.
- Provide objective oversight over all contracts, management processes and ensure their transparency, accountability of records and delivery of goods and services and civil works.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of assets for reporting of assets
- Maintain an asset register of all project assets, civil works, and services procured
- In association with the Operations Manager, develop tools for capturing procurement data, monitor, identify and report on the progress towards the achievement of procurement schedules.
- Prepare all contractual and procurement documents for the project in a timely manner, in accordance with FAO contractual and procurement rules and procedures.
- Undertake project procurement activities covering the pre-award, award, and the post award phases, ensuring that the project receives best ‘Value for Money’ from the procurement of good, works or services
- Participate in technical committees meetings to ensure the timely implementation of procurement related activities.
- Maintain a log of procurement activities, and provides reports of procurement, including milestones, issues, potential risks and mitigation strategies
- Support inscription for tagging all project assets and ensures visibility of all assets procured by the Project with logo (s), project name and any of requirements in keeping with UNFAO and UN rules and regulations
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts, contract management tools, guidelines, manuals, sharing of best practices and recommendations to GLSC for standardization and knowledge sharing purposes
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- A University degree in finance, business, management, economics or engineering and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in procurement management with a reputable public or private institution/firm.
- OR Advanced university degree in finance, business, economics or engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement management.
- A proficiency certificate in Procurement from a recognized institution would be a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven experience in the procurement of goods and services, preparation of technical specifications for works and supplies and Terms of References for Consultant services.
- Proven experience in the conduct of market researches for procurement bid lists.
- Proven experience in the preparation of bidding documents and launching of tenders / requests for proposals.
- Proven experience in tender evaluation, award and reporting.
- Proven experience in contract management/administration.