|Information Systems (IS)|
|Database Management Section (DMS)|
Head Office (Based), Regional Offices (On-site visits)
|Salary Band||Band 4|
|Objective||To ensure that databases are designed and implemented according to acceptable industry standards.|
1. Confirms project requirements by studying user and business requirements; conferring with others on project team.
3. Prepares user manuals/database documentation including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata) for the purposes of conveying information.
4. Ensures the accurate recording and updating of the databases.
5. Uses data modelling techniques to analyze and specify data usages within databases to promote process improvements.
6. Evaluates and make decisions around the use of new or existing data storage products and tools
7. Design solutions to take data from various types of data sources to create a unified data model for analytics and reporting.
8. Trains staff on proper usage, maintenance and management of the databases.
9. Performs research and development activities for continued innovation within data processing.
|Working and reporting relationships||Reports to:
· Senior Database Administrator
Other working relationships (Internal):
Manager, Seniors and staff of the Information Systems Division
Managers, Seniors and staff across the Commission
|Job specifications|| Qualifications:
Experience and Knowledge:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Able to work in cross functional ICT Teams
High degree of Confidentiality
Disciplined and hardworking