TERMS OF REFERENCE
ASSISTANT ASSET MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Position Information
Job Title: Assistant Asset Management Officer
Direct Supervisor: Asset Management Officer
Location: Guyana Lands & Surveys Commission Head Office
Division: Commission’s Secretariat
Salary Band: Four (4)
The Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission (GLSC) was created in June, 2001 through an Act of Parliament to administer land, to maintain a land register and cadastral records, to optimize land use, to maintain a land information system and to provide surveying and Geographic Information System services for the country.
The efficient and effective utilization of resources, especially physical assets, are the backbone of growth and sustainability of any organization. The concept of asset management is to maintain the reliability of all the physical assets needed to maximize production. Asset management, thus, is the key to performance of any organization or business by seeking excellence and creating value for customers through cost effectiveness.
III. Organizational Context
Under the oversight of the Asset Management Officer, the Assistant Asset Management Officer will be responsible for supporting the completeness and accuracy of the asset register and assisting in identification/development and implementation of a sound and reliable asset management system.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the undertaking and coordination of asset inventory processes.
- Supports the completing and timely updating of the asset register including supporting documentation, disposal records, and security of Asset Register system.
- Assists with coordinating, updating, and maintaining the fixed assets tracking system for all fixed assets.
- Ensures all fixed assets are properly tagged / labelled and recorded in the fixed asset tracking system.
- Supports conducting fixed assets inventory and physical audits semi-annually or as required
- Assists with coordinating and recording transfers and disposals of assets.
- Supports the development of fixed asset reports, including inventory reports as required
- Assists Information Systems and Finance Divisions in the identification of, and implementation of an appropriate Asset Management system.
- Assists with the update of asset registry written procedures.
- Assists with the preparation of Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the asset portfolio.
- Undertakes monthly review of operating statements.
- The Assistant Asset Management Officer is responsible for supporting the maintenance of the physical assets, he or she is responsible for assisting with the setting up of plans and programmes to ensure that all assets are well maintained ( Preventative maintenance)
- The Assistant Asset Management Officer has to work with Procurement to ensure that warranties are honored and assets are tracked throughout the assets life cycle.
- The Assistant Asset Management Officer has to support work related to setting maintenance policies, preparing maintenance budgets for physical assets and reporting on a regular basis to management on the performance of the assets
- Undertakes other asset management or related duties as directed.
- Performance Indicators
- Supporting the implementation of a new Asset Management System for timely reporting and efficient monitoring of all assets.
- Effectively assisting with delivery of Asset Management register aligned with requirements.
- Assists with ensuring complete, accurate and timely monitoring, management and reporting on asset activities and risks.
Planning and organizing
- Fixed asset tracking systems experience and implementing inventory practices and standards.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in asset management delivery to the highest standard
- Strong attention to details, proactive and self-motivated
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing needs
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- An understanding of financial processes –Accounts payable/ Financial experience preferred
- Shows sensitivity in handling and storing confidential information
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Sets Vision and Direction relative to scope of work
- Demonstrates Sound Financial and Business-Related Practices
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
VII. CORPORATE COMPETENCIES:
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate
- Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Conflict and self-management
Working with people
- Empowerment/Performance management
Personal Leadership and Effectiveness
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
- Confidentiality and utmost integrity.
VIII. Recruitment Qualifications
- Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent, or a Degree in Management.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant asset management experience in the public or private sector is required
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, etc.), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- A strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English