CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1801165
: 31/Oct/2018, 6:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLGUY/SLDM PIU
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
The post will be located in Guyana at the GLSC – Project Implementation Unit for the SLDM Project
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Technical Advisor of the SLDM project and receives guidance from the Operations Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received supports the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work
The Administrative Assistant performs a large variety of financial transactions and office support functions contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the PIU..
Tasks and responsibilities
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by FAO to the PIU account.
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budgets and work plans.
- Support the preparation of project work-plans and operational and financial planning processes.
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions.
- Undertake procurement for the project ensuring timelines are maintained to realise project activities
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit.
- Advise and assist international and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures.
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements; and financial audits.
- Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revision.
- Liaise with FAO and GLSC to ensure compatibility of the project financial books with financial reports on the project
- Prepare and submit timely and reliable financial documents and financial reports and statements.
- Prepare financial reports and statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare projections based on contracts existing and future
- Establish a computer based monitoring system for expenditures, and formulate strategic and long-term business plans.
- Ensure that all procurement process and expenditures of the project are done in accordance with the UNDP procedure
- Analyse change and advising accordingly.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Be responsible for any financial tasks related to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats and other events of the project
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or ACCA Level 2
- At least 3 years financial management experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Relevant and proven experience in providing financial support under a large scale project or programme or at public or private institutions.
- Previous experience working with UN or government agencies an asset
- Working experience of procurement and financial information systems and software
- Working experience in preparing financial statements and other related reports, projections and analyses of allocations for outcomes