CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1801163
: 31/Oct/2018, 6:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLGUY/SLDM/PIU
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
The post will be located in Guyana at the GLSC – Project Implementation Unit for the SLDM Project
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist reports to the Chief Technical Advisor for the SLDM project and receives guidance from the Operations Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received supports the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work.
A full – time Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be designated by FAO to develop and implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation system and agree on indicators and assessment methods with all the stakeholders. The M&E Specialist will develop tools and a database, and supervise the continuous monitoring of project performance and results/impacts, with attention to effective use of resources, sustainability and gender. He/she will also assist with the mid-term review and terminal assessment, and continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project, and reports prepared on the progress of the project’s outcomes and outputs. The M&E Specialist has to monitor project results against timelines of contracts for all services and good and civil works.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and utilize indicators and performance targets for data collection, management and analysis of M&E reports on project deliverables
- Prepare and execute a sustainability plan with monitoring timelines and advice on integration of the sustainability of project outputs mainstreamed into GLSC’s operations
- Support the development of a M&E framework for products and other relevant deliverables developed by the Project
- Design data collection tools/ templates, and assists for regular data collection/generation process.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyze data and to determine progress achieved and advise adjustments for meeting targets and implementation schedules
- Coordinate and liaise with project staff in the collection and analysis of M&E information for reporting purposes
- Prepare the M&E periodic progress reports based on agreed timelines
- Support the preparation of the Financial Sustainability Plan with an M&E framework
- Support the preparation of the strategic plan with a M&E framework
- Provide support for the preparation of the communication strategy, and development of M&E for outputs of the SLDM Project in collaboration with GLSC and FAO
- Provide monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports on all project activities with data and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports of the project
- Ensure visibility of the project name and other information for the tagging of all project assets
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development economics, business administration, management, ICT or related fields, plus a minimum of six(6) years relevant experience in undertaking M&E activities in projects and programmes,
- OR advanced university degree in social sciences, development economics, ICT or related fields and three years of relevant experience executing M&E implementation in projects and programmes with a minimum of two (3) years’ experience
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven work experience in tracking project output and outcome level results on a periodic basis.
- Proven work experience in collecting, checking, verifying and compiling data from the field as stipulated in an M&E plan.
- Proven work experience in reviewing and compiling monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, power point presentations, etc.
- Proven work experience in updating and maintaining project databases.
- Proven experience in developing M&E for entities, M&E reports for UN agencies and facilitating planning of M&E frameworks
Strong statistical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications